We remounted this ambulance on a 2015 Ford F450 and it came out looking great. Special thanks to the Salt River Fire Department for working with us on this project. See the full spec of this remount below.
- Steps – New diamonplate running boards shall be fabricated and mounted below cab entry doors.
- Center Console – Provide and install new Troy center console with appropriate plates for customers radio, siren, switching. Kenwoord Radio to be removed. MDC computer mount will not be re-installed.
- Cup Holders – add two cup holders
- Patient module modification – The opening on the front of the box shall be filled with new aluminum sheet. A new passthough boot shall be fabricated and installed. If necessary, modifications shall be made to the patient module box (filling holes) to accommodate the new boot.
- Fairing – A new aluminum 3″ fairing shall be fabricated and installed between the patient module and new chassis cab. The ferring shall be painted red.
- Chrome wheel covers – Wheel simulators shall be installed on the chassis wheels.
- Siren – A new Federal Signal PA300 siren shall be installed in the new center console.
- Speakers – (2) New Cast Products SAP3806 aluminum speakers shall be installed in the commercial chassis bumper.
- Urea Fill – Provide fill door with access using standard commercial containers.
- Cab placard & safety labels – Install required safety labels.
- Remove & Replace Body – Body will be removed and installed on new chassis, necessary body mounts, spacers and hardware will be replaced as necessary. Box shall be moved from E450 chassis for F450 chassis. Add access holes in rear doors for maintenance.
- Mud Flaps – 2 New rubber Mud flaps on rear body.
- Air Conditioning – Replace a/c hose with new #8 & #10, install new fittings. The patient compartment a/c unit shall be flushed. A pancake filter shall be installed between the chassis compressor and the unit. Add second a/c condensor and compressor.
- New Rear Pre-Cooler – The roof mounted 110 a/c unit shall be replaced with a new unit. The unit shall be similar in shape and capacity as the existing unit.
- Diamond plate- Polish body diamond plate.
- Stainless Steel Wrap – The lower compartments (interior) shall have a stainless steel overlay installed.
- Door Paddles – fix or replace door paddles (add two extra per truck)
PATIENT COMPARTMENT / INTERIOR
- Reupholster and repair panels – Repair or replace upholstery as neccesary.
- Flooring – The patient compartment flooring shall be replaced with new “GRAY” LONPLATE II material.
- Air Bags – A Kelderman 4 bag suspension kit to be added.
- 02 Ports – new regulator and hoses
- Rubber Stops – add rubber stops to rear of bumper
- Master Switch – add master switch on floor at drivers side cab entrance. The switch shall be mounted to the drivers side of the center console.
- Lighting Package: Existing lighting shall remain, light heads shall be removed before paint. (4) new Whelen LED lightheads shall be provided and installed on the new chassis. (2) Whelen 500 Series on front grill (clear lenses, red led), and (2) Whelen LINZ (clear lense, blue LED) on front fenders. Lenses on patient compartment lighting shall be replaced with new (Lightbar, 6×4 E-lights, clear lenses) Upper 9×7 Emergency Lights shall be replaced with new Whelen 900 Series Super LED emergency lights (Qty 8, amber). PS Rear 6×4 emergency light shall be replaced with new 5mm LED flasher, red).
- DOT Lights – Use existing Brake, Reverse & Turn lights. Lenses shall be replaced.
- Clearance lights – Clearance lights shall be replaced with LED.
- Dome Lights – Patient compartment dome lights (6) shall be replaced with new Weldon LED low profile dome lights with Hi/Lo setting
- Scene/Load Lights – The side and rear scene light shall be replace with new Whelen 900 series Gradient Opti scene lights. Qty 6
- Troubleshoot wiring – Wiring harness shall be disconnected from ambulance box and re-connected to new chassis. Troubleshoot wiring issues.
- 30 Amp Auto Eject – A new Kussmaul 30 amp autoeject shall be installed. Auto eject to be attached to exisiting battery charger.
- Reverse Camera System – rear view camera for reverse operations
- Batteries – customer to provide 2 GRP 31 and we will install
- Invertor – inspect only
- Sigtronics – transfer to new chassis
PAINT & GRAPHICS
- Cab Paint – The chassis cab shall be painted vermillion red. The roof shall remain white.
- Body Paint – Prior to paint, any necessary body work shall be performed. Repaired areas shall be sealed and primed prior to paint. Box to be cleaned, refinished with new red base coat/ clear coat paint scheme tone to match new chassis cab. The roof cap shall be painted white. After paint box shall be cut and buffed. Placard holders shall be removed.
- Compartment paint – The exterior compartments shall be refinished with a gray rhino liner.
- Striping – Per the departments current striping layout.
- Lettering – Department lettering and shields (reflective) shall be provided by customer and installed similar to old design.
- Door Seals – All door seals will be replaced after paint.