Are you a skilled diesel mechanic with an interest in fire trucks and a desire to make a difference? Join our dynamic team at Firetrucks Unlimited, a leading provider of high-quality fire truck repair and refurbishment services. We are seeking experienced mechanics to join us in our mission to ensure the safety and reliability of fire trucks serving communities nationwide. If you’re looking for more than just a job, but an opportunity to contribute to something meaningful, apply today!
Why Choose Firetrucks Unlimited?
- Meaningful Work: As a Diesel Truck and Fire Truck Mechanic at Firetrucks Unlimited, you’ll play a vital role in ensuring the safety and functionality of life-saving vehicles. Your expertise and dedication will contribute directly to the readiness and reliability of fire trucks that protect communities during emergencies.
- Professional Growth: At Firetrucks Unlimited, we invest in the growth and development of our employees. Joining our team means gaining access to ongoing training and advancement opportunities in fire truck repair and maintenance. Collaborate with experienced professionals who are committed to sharing their knowledge and helping you succeed in your career.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: We provide a modern and well-equipped work environment, featuring advanced tools, diagnostic equipment, and technology. At Firetrucks Unlimited, we prioritize safety and organization, creating an environment where you can perform your best work.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits: Firetrucks Unlimited offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, designed to attract and retain top talent. Our package includes:
- Competitive Pay: We provide competitive pay, ensuring that your hard work and expertise are recognized and rewarded. Pay is disbursed on a weekly basis.
- Certification Bonuses: We recognize and value the importance of continuous learning and professional development. As part of our commitment to supporting your growth and expertise, we offer additional compensation incentives for acquiring and maintaining Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT) certifications.
- 4-Day Work Week: We understand the importance of work-life balance and the value of flexibility. That’s why we offer a unique work schedule of four days a week, with each day consisting of 10-hour shifts. This compressed work week allows our Diesel Truck and Fire Truck Mechanics to enjoy longer weekends, providing them with more time to pursue personal interests, spend quality time with loved ones, and recharge for the week ahead. We believe that a well-rested and satisfied team contributes to the overall success of our organization, and we are committed to fostering a healthy work-life integration for our employees.
- Paid Holidays: We believe in the importance of work-life balance. Employees enjoy 7 paid holidays throughout the year, allowing you to spend quality time with loved ones.
- Health Insurance: We prioritize the well-being of our employees and their families. We offer comprehensive health insurance coverage, including 50% coverage for employees and employees’ family insurance.
- Vision Insurance: We understand the importance of maintaining good eye health. Our comprehensive benefits package includes vision insurance to support your visual well-being.
- Dental Insurance: We care about your overall health, including your dental well-being. Our dental insurance coverage ensures that you have access to quality dental care.
- 401k Company Match: We encourage our employees to plan for their future. Firetrucks Unlimited offers a 401k program with a company match of up to 4% to help you build a strong financial foundation.
- Professional Development Assistance: We believe in continuous growth and development. Our professional development assistance program provides opportunities for you to enhance your skills and expand your knowledge in the field of fire truck mechanics.
- Referral Program: We value the recommendations of our employees and appreciate their efforts in helping us build a strong team. Our referral program rewards employees who refer qualified candidates to join our company.
- Conduct inspections, diagnostics, and repairs on diesel trucks and fire trucks, including engine systems, electrical systems, brakes, and hydraulics.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as fluid changes, filter replacements, and component inspections.
- Carry out repairs and replacements of damaged or malfunctioning parts, ensuring adherence to manufacturer specifications and industry standards.
- Collaborate with the team to troubleshoot complex issues and develop effective repair solutions.
- Maintain accurate records of repairs, maintenance activities, and parts inventory.
- Adhere to safety protocols and regulations, creating a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
- 3 years of experience as a diesel mechanic preferred
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve mechanical issues efficiently.
- Proficiency in using diagnostic equipment and various hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of diesel engine systems, hydraulics, electrical systems, and brake systems.
- Ability to interpret technical manuals and schematics to perform accurate repairs and maintenance.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork abilities, working effectively with colleagues to achieve common goals.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Testimonials from Current Employees
Join the Team
Join the Firetrucks Unlimited team and become part of a rewarding and fulfilling career in fire truck repair. We offer a supportive work environment, competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid holidays, health insurance with coverage for employees and family, a 401k company match, professional development assistance, a referral program, vision insurance, and dental insurance.
Make a difference with your skills and expertise as a Diesel Truck Mechanic. Apply today to be part of our dedicated team committed to ensuring the safety and reliability of fire trucks nationwide.